I definitely loved the movie “Bridesmaids”, it was warm, genuine and admittedly at times vulgar however it was pure comedic magic. I thought is was a wonderful original screenplay, the brainchild of Kristen Wiig and Annie Mumolo, that left us in stitches. I watched it several times and handsdown, my favourite character to watch was “Helen Harris”; she was of course the villainess of the film however she rocked some killer threads.
The pieces pulled by Costume Designer Lessa Evans are beyond amazing and Rose Bryne’s character was brought to life through fashion with those flawless looks. Enjoy! xo
1. Romona Keveza Gown – So gorgeous and over the top relative to the event; perfect introduction to “Helen”.
2. Chloë Dress and Lanvin Purse – This scene actually didn’t make it into the movie (“Shopping for the Registry”) however, I really wish it had just so we could have seen this outfit. It is so ladylike and polished, this monochromatic look is definitely one of my favourites. Many of the pieces throughout the movie were from Chloë and j’adore Chloë!
3. Chloe Cape – This look also didn’t make it into the movie but I like it; it’s sophisticated and elegant.
4. Roland Mouret Dress, Marni Necklace, and Balenciaga Purse – I LOVE this outfit; the dress fit Byrne perfectly and that necklace is so gorgeous!
5. Dolce & Gabbana Skirt and Blouse, Chloë Jacket and Purse – SO Beautiful and again, another over the top look. Who would ever wear that on a plane?
6.Valentino Dress – This final look is so beautiful; the dress is delicate and feminine and her hair is so romantic. This dress is a comment on Helen’s matchy-matchy perfectionism. Paris themed bridal shower? Pink ruffled Valentino and Golden Retriever puppy favours complete with berets…bien sûr.
I’m not sure if I have ever fallen so head over heals in love with fashion on film since Confessions of a Shopaholic and of course, the SATC series where the fashion will live on in my DVD collection for ever and always. Thank you Patricia Field who designed the looks for both Confessions and SATC and of course Leesa Evans who was the costume designer for “Bridesmaids”.