I recall an article I read in Glamour magazine about 15 years ago listing 10 classic wardrobe “must haves” and I thought it would be worth mentioning again. As I recalled the list, I realized the pieces that made “the list” are still around and going strong. A classic piece of clothing should be a comment on style, function and quality. Trends are fun but style is forever!
Here we go!
1. Levi’s 501 Button Fly Jeans. Forever cool, forever style.
2. Dark Green Wellingtons, more affectionately known as “Wellies”.
3. Quality basic white button down; cotton, french cuff. Wear under sweaters, with suits or alone dressed up with a pair of pearls.
4. Black Wool Coat – clean classic lines – nothing too trendy — seasonless.
5. Black Wool Trousers.
6. Cashmere Cardigan in a soft heather grey.
7. Ballet Flats
8. Clean crisp pair of cotton pyjamas
9. LBD – The little black dress!
10. Silk Lingerie – you do not have to have 10 different bras to satifsy this last classic must-have. Something you love that will make you feel feminine, sexy and beautiful.
Splurge on these 10 – there will be other passersby in your wardrobe however, I believe that if you invest in these wardrobe classics, they will be with you through trends and time.